Sing to Learn!
Integrated Curriculum in Song is a dynamic resource which specifically targets nation-wide outcomes for the second and third school years.
This complete teaching resource contains a CD of songs and a book with a list of targeted values and outcomes as well as practical 'Suggestions For Use'.
It provides an excellent values-based platform for students to learn curriculum content through music.
|Workers In Our Community
Identifies the roles and responsibilities of community workers, both paid and unpaid
|Keep It Clean!
Understands that our current attitudes and behaviour towards the environment will impact on future generations
|All Weather Friends
Demonstrates an understanding of the value, meaning and importance of friendship
Shows awareness of and appreciation for the beauty and diversity of nature
Understands and appreciates roles and responsibilities of each family member
Identifies ways in which to care for natural environments
Identifies and appreciates roles and responsibilities of paid and unpaid transport workers in the local community
Describes, compares and sequences events in his/her life from past to present time
Understands that the world extends beyond own immediate environment
Understands the differences between living and non-living things and that living things interact, change and grow
Demonstrates responsibility for helping to make the school happy, healthy, fair and safe
|Come To Your Senses
Identifies the five senses and appreciates ways in which they enrich life
|* Plus bonus backing track - "Workers In Our Community"
Integrated Curriculum in Song supports:
- Values-based learning for Lower Primary School students
- Outcomes of Primary School Curriculum (Society and Environment, Creative Arts, Science and Technology, Health and Physical Development)
- Lower Primary School teachers, non-musical and musical alike
It is well known that music has universal appeal for students of all ages and abilities. The songs in this resource have catchy melodies and memorable lyrics. They convey and reinforce important messages, move the emotions, entertain and challenge. They also provide opportunities for students to explore musical concepts, through a variety of activities.
Integrated Curriculum in Song will raise awareness and understanding of core values, enabling students to lead healthy, productive and fulfilling lives. Each song in this resource is jam-packed with values-based curriculum content. This will help to unlock the potential within students, enabling them to become caring, effective and contributing members of society.
Integrated Curriculum in Song is designed for use in the classroom and wider school context.
Students will love singing these values-based songs without even realising they are learning!
- Use songs for introduction of new units of work, discussion, reinforcement of content or simply setting the mood for the day
- Emphasise different verses at different stages of learning
- Listen to the song - repetition, repetition, repetition
- Maximise class participation by learning chorus first
- Remember, there’s ‘A Lesson In Every Lyric’ - unpack songs line by line
- Make use of bonus ‘Workers In Our Community’ backing track, to encourage creativity
- Refer to Curriculum document for definitions of musical terms
'A Lesson in Every Lyric' ®